Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Birds and Bees to Flocks and Swarms

Both of my informants Brittany and Zack love to talk about sex! This was a little hard for me as I would never talk to anyone that was older then me about sex and not to mention the fact that Brittany is my younger brothers fiance,but whatever or (whatev) I went with it. Zack told me that he lost his viginity last christmas break to a girl that he met in the poconos. He remembered her first name and the fact that it was in the poconos but the was about as much as he could remember about his first time. Zack told me that sex really is not a big deal in high school and that everyone is doing it.( i've heard that about a million times on commercials about drugs lol). His goal isn't so much "getting ass" but it just comes naturally for him. He doesn't believe in girl friends but likes the idea of "jumpoffs" which are girls he can call to "hang" out with whenever which is code for sex. he said it makes his life a lot less complicated and lets him concentrate on school, work and his band. He doesn't want a girlfriend because it takes to much time and having a jumpoff means he gets his needs met and everyone is happy and can go back to doing whatever it is that they do. Wow that was really interesting and it took everything in my power to not knock him on the head like those v-8 commercials but I got through all the anxiety and embarrassment that the sex conversation was giving me and after all that he was like wanna order a pizza! weird but boy oh boy I thought that conversation was hard little did I not know what was in store for me later in the week when brittany called me to tell me she thought she was pregnant..... to be continued.........

1 comment:

Professor Rubenstein said...

Wow--not bad. If we can do this the right way we pobably should have a section on sex--either in part 1 (as an element of who they are). or maybe part 2--if there is enough--maybe add courtship/dating to sex.

what do you think.

There is a book called "Coming of Age in New Jersey" about college kids at Rutgers. But it could help you because sex is important part of the book.

Bravo on your ability to make it through such a difficult field topic--and then pizza!

Good stuff.